SEO - Optimized Metatags
There are two important Meta tags:
1. 1. Meta description tags
- Meta keyword tags
Some search engines may display the Meta description as a part of the search results, but the Meta keyword tags should not perform in search results.
The general compromise among SEO experts is that Meta tags are dead. Even so, many of these same experts continue to use Meta tags in their individual sites.
For Google, adding the description Meta tag does not result in a boost in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS), but the description might be used for the description for your SERP listings in Google.
Yahoo! says, they use the Keyword Meta Tag when it ranks a page. Therefore it creates sense to add one for Yahoo! and any other slight search engines that still use.
What Do the Meta tags Look Like?
You can add the following in the head section of the web page:
Meta Description Tag Tips
Important tips for good Meta description tags:
· Use keywords in your Meta description tag.
· Try not to repeat the words overly regularly, but try to use multiple syntaxes of your key words.
· There should not be more than 155 characters in a description Meta tag of a single web page.
· Use a different Meta description tag for each page, as each page is different and stands a better chance of being found if you place a good award and description on it.
Meta Keywords Tag Tips
Please state to the previous chapter for identifying good keywords. Use the following tips for preparing good Meta keywords tags.
- Use synonyms.
- Use unique keywords.
- No need to repeat any given phrase.
- You can repeat a word any number of time, as long as each time it is part of a different phrase.
Robots Meta Tag
The important Meta tag that you may need sometime is the Robots Metatag which looks like this:
Using the above Meta tag, you can speak a spider or a robot that you don’t want some of your pages indexed, or that you don’t want your links followed.